The Editorial Board of Rabwah Times makes recommendations on all editorial policy decisions. The editor in chief serves as chairperson. Members of the Editorial Board are: editor in chief, associate editor for news, associate editor for production, associate editor for online and desk editors.
The editor in chief is responsible for formulating editorials based on a consensus (unanimous consent) of the Editorial Board. If a consensus cannot be reached a vote will be taken. The editor in chief has a responsibility to implement any policy decisions reached by the Editorial Board.
Rabwah Times’s editorial policy is based on a Democratic and Free Press and allows different views to be expressed:
- Rabwah Times believes in Freedom of Speech and of the media and would not yield to any pressure from anybody or any institution that might want to prevent the free flow of accurate factual information, free access to sources and open debate on any matter of importance to society.
- Rabwah Times will publish information in the public domain, on what goes on in society and to uncover and disclose matters that ought to be subjected to public debate, analysis, scrutiny or criticism in keeping with the universally acknowledged principle that the media’s primary responsibility is to the people.
- Rabwah Times will remain independent of vested interests or external influences.
- Rabwah Times will remain committed to being comprehensive and accurate in content and its commentaries will be fair.
- Editors will only publish what they believe to be true, fair and accurate. Every effort will be made to ascertain the factual accuracy of articles through, for instance, cross-checking of facts and on the ground sources.
- Rabwah Times will stand for racial, ethnic, religious and communal harmony and political tolerance as well as other forms of pluralism: Our aim is to help audiences of all races, faiths and nations to see events in perspective, and to understand their interrelationships.
- It is our duty as the Press to protect individuals against injustices or neglect committed by public authorities and institutions, private individuals and others.